media arts, project management and arts education.
Lakeshore Learning Materials
Lead Digital Artist/Software Curriculum Designer
SFX supervisor, Package Design Dept.
Sr. Designer, Industrial Design/Human Interface
• Otis College of Art and Design: Senior Lecturer, Toy Design
• UCLA School of Architecture and Urban Planning - Panelist for Senior toy design final projects
• UCLA Extension - Guest Speaker – The art of the Critique
• UCLA Extension - Guest Speaker – Applying to Graduate Art Programs
• El Camino College - Adjunct instructor pool for advertising design
• Antioch University McGregor - Commencement 2007 student speaker representing the Liberal and Professional studies graduate program
• Digital Design Ranch: Instructor, customized Photoshop® courses
• Adobe Users Group - Guest Speaker – Photoshop CS2 – demo of photoshop rendering techniques
Digital illustration, product renderings, character design and concept art for Toy, Candy and Entertainment industries.
Client List: Aryapour Design, Clever Creative, Jolio Design, Mattel Packaging, Mattel Photography, Pontifica Productions, Strayer/Saylors Accounting Firm, Wingz Design.
Writing services, copy and translation/voice overs for toy, education and healthcare industries.
Client List: Mattel, Inc. International Marketing, Consensus Publishers (textbook publisher), Roya Zandi (UC Riverside Physicist and Professor), American University of Health Sciences, Laurelcrest School for Girls, United Stroke Foundation, Disabled Resources Center, Centro Medico de Honduras.
Awards and other
Laurelcrest School for Girls - consultant for Sally Ride Toy Design Challenge, 2007
Juror, scholastic awards at Otis College of Art and Design, 2006
Laurelcrest School for Girls - Belmont Shore Parade 2005 - art directed float entry - won award for best depicting the spirit of the holidays
Hewlett Packard award for design and print innovation, 2004
Mattel, Inc. - Voice over - Castillian Spanish - Barbie in Princess and the Pauper
• Fluent in Spanish (speak, read and write)
• Conversant in Italian
• Reading knowledge and understanding of French and Portuguese
• Very basic Mandarin Chinese
Women in Toys • Women in Children's Media • ACM Siggraph • UCLA Alumni Association • (NAPP) National Association of Photoshop Professionals
M.A.T. (Master of Arts in Teaching) TESOL - USC
Fielding Graduate Institute - Accepted into doctoral program and completed introductory coursework for Ph.D in Media Psychology
M.A. Media Arts and Design, Antioch University McGregor
B.A. Spanish Language and Literature, UCLA
Art Center College of Design, Graphic and Package Design
Glen Vilppu Studio - Drawing and Painting workshop in Italy, seminars in Animal and Life Drawing